Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Taryn, Taryn Taryn


This morning wanted fruit snacks for breakfast. I told her she had to eat breakfast first. She said, "Oh, well I'll have corn then." I told her we had no corn. She said, "How about roast beef?" None of that either so next she suggested peas. Just hearing the expression in her voice was enough to have me rolling.

Last night at dinner she asked me to cool her rice off and showed me how to do it one spoonful at a time. As I cooled the first spoonful she told me, "There you go, Mommy. Good girl." I laughed so hard I almost blew the rice across the room!

We went shopping for Jenna's christening gown the other day. Taryn was sitting in the play area and had an accident. She was very embarrassed and I didn't want her to feel bad. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to restock her panties and pants in my diaper bag. We were in a really nice children's boutique and the owner was so nice about the pee in her carpet. So I took Taryn to the wall of casual clothes and told her to pick an outfit. We got in the dressing room with her brown leggings, brown top, and orange sleeveless dress overlay. I pull the tags off and get T-buggy dressed. I pick up the tags and HOLY SMOKES! The outfit was $74!!! She was one well-dressed child that day. Later I realized she picked it because she thought the bright orange dots with brown leaf outlines over them were basketballs. $74 to wear basketballs. The strut Taryn walked out of the store with . . . priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment