Sunday, November 29, 2009

Elf on the Shelf

Taryn's elf arrived yesterday morning. She named her "Two." I have to say that whoever came up with this idea was really creative. It's a cute story and a fun tradition. This morning Taryn's eyes got huge when she realized that Two was gone. Then she started looking all over for her. Ryan had a hunting program on and people were in the woods searching for some kind of animal and Taryn asked, "What they looking for?" I told her I didn't know and she said, "Maybe elves."

She also told Two what she wanted for Christmas this morning. Last week a toy catalog came in the mail and Taryn told me that Santa sent it to her. On the back was a pink kitchen set and she spent a lot of time looking at it and telling me Santa would bring it to her. This morning she told Two she wanted that "pink thing with all the stuff." I asked if there was anything else she wanted for Christmas . . . she nodded, "Two pink things with all that stuff. One for Nana's house and one for here."

And Jenna is 3 months old now! So hard to believe. She is a happy baby and so vocal. She loves to coo and try new noises and waits for me to respond. Jenna also "talks" herself to sleep in the car. So cute. I tried to measure her yesterday and she's about 24 inches long and somewhere close to 13 pounds. She still has a headful of hair and loves her sister to talk to her. I am so blessed with my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment