So being the only mom out here (with the exception of Lydia) can be frustrating at times. I really miss my friends in Raleigh and having a peer group. Sometimes I find myself envious of other moms who have parks in their neighborhoods, sidewalks to stroll down, tots classes closeby, and a wide choice of preschools. But then, I get pics like this out on our beautiful farm and I'm grateful for all the space. All the space Taryn (and Jenna someday) has to run and yell and learn about nature. Where she can be the silliest, sassiest, loudest cowgirl of them all and no one is bothered by the noise. We're lucky to be here where we are.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Only mom on Halloween
So being the only mom out here (with the exception of Lydia) can be frustrating at times. I really miss my friends in Raleigh and having a peer group. Sometimes I find myself envious of other moms who have parks in their neighborhoods, sidewalks to stroll down, tots classes closeby, and a wide choice of preschools. But then, I get pics like this out on our beautiful farm and I'm grateful for all the space. All the space Taryn (and Jenna someday) has to run and yell and learn about nature. Where she can be the silliest, sassiest, loudest cowgirl of them all and no one is bothered by the noise. We're lucky to be here where we are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're right -- there's good & bad to both situations. We like where we are in the city but hate being so blasted close to our neighbors, and wish we had more of a connection to nature like you do.
ReplyDelete